Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrain
...What does DGU mean?...
Defensive Gun Use

Quote:
...The tenor of the previous few posts leads one to wonder whatever happened to situational awareness that some here speak of and seem to think so important....
I don't see that at all. Situational awareness is of course important. But it's not perfect, and it's not clairvoyance.

Quote:
...I've mentioned in a different thread that other assumptions are overstressing the difficulty of chambering a round (under stress) versus the ease of flicking off a safety (under stress) for automatics so equipped...
I'm not sure what you mean by "overstressing", but in general, I think chambering a round quickly under stress is indeed more difficult than disengaging the safety. First, chambering the round quickly requires two hands (or a difficult and problematic maneuver like catching the rear sight on one's belt or holster to rack the slide). Second, it's possible to short stroke racking the slide.

Disengaging the safety, at least on many guns suitable for defensive use, is a far simpler act. Certainly disengaging the safety on one of my 1911s is an easy and natural motion.

Quote:
...In my own experiences a smooth draw is more important than an attempted fast draw ...
Yes, smoothness is important. In fact being smooth is the key to being fast.

Page generated in 0.04530 seconds with 7 queries