View Single Post
Old September 20, 1999, 01:52 PM   #14
TomMarker

Dogger,

With larger hands, you may want to try a Spyderco Military, especially if a lockback doesn't put your mind at ease... My personal carry is an Benchmade AFCK (about $85.00) and a Spyderco Endura (about $45)

A lightweight knife such as the delica or endura won't open quite as fast as something that has g-10 scales like the starmate or military.

A lot of people have a beef with linerlocks, but my AFCK is solid. If you're going to be stabbing trees and whacking it against a table, maybe you should pay the extra $$ for a rolling lock.

I like Spyderco personally, as they are a good company who stands by their products. they probably also have the best customer service in the business. To be honest, I don't know much about REKAT, but the knives I've handled from them have all been very good.

Someone awhile ago did a stress test of all the locks using a REKAT Pioneer, an AFCK and an Endura... did crazy stuff like stab trees, submerge them in mud for an hour, and try to use them, etc... If I can find the URL, I'll post it here..

...tm

Page generated in 0.04334 seconds with 7 queries