View Single Post
Old December 25, 1998, 10:11 PM   #13
GLV
Junior member
 
Join Date: October 14, 1998
Location: Logansport, IN, USA
Posts: 217
Spectre, I have the greatest respect for your training. Jim Arvanitis, world recoginized martial artist, was raising attack Dobes in the early eighties. He states that he would give the average black belt a 30% chance of defeating one of his Dobes, and even with his special knowledge, only would give himself a max of 70% of not being killed. Yes, weapons will make a difference. A side step with a strong kick to the ribs might work -- but Dobes can almost change direction in the air. Timing is everything. A kick in the genitals may work, but won't stop a trained attack dog. Another poster mentioned grabing by hide along side and under the ears, and lifting the dog off of the ground and throwing the dog. May work on untrained dogs. George
GLV is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.05165 seconds with 7 queries