View Single Post
Old December 2, 2009, 08:32 AM   #2
mykeal

1. In my experience the Jukar/Dikar/CVA Spanish line of bp single shot pistols are not so much designed as produced from parts. That is to say, they put them together, and that's what you get; intentions (that is, 'designs') have little to do with it. The relationship of the sight axis to the bore axis is somewhat random. That's not intended as a complaint; they are inexpensive, and who can complain about getting to shoot more? BTW, the Dixie Gun Works catalog has an excellent primer on measuring the relationship of the sight line to the bore axis.

2. All of my Jukar/Dikar/CVA pistols have crowns that do not swage the ball. A patch is necessary. I use a .440 round ball with a 0.15 dry lubed patch for the best results; group sizes vary considerably over the range of pistols with this load (the Philly Derringer group size is considerably larger than the Kentucky group size).

3. See above.

4. I have no idea what "CCI Muzzleloader" caps are. Do you mean magnum caps or perhaps musket caps? All of my Jukar/Dikar/CVA pistols now have aftermarket (Treso) nipples which take CCI No. 11 caps.

Page generated in 0.02286 seconds with 7 queries