View Single Post
Old November 25, 2009, 09:07 PM   #340
4V50 Gary
Love at first sight (a modern story)

Forgive me for I am sinning. I'm still reading modern material. This is a story of youth and love at first sight. I'm sure everyone here will understand how the writer feels.

The most exciting part of my training was the day I got my very own AK-47 assault rifle, after weeks of practice with a wooden dummy. It was love at first sight. I sat there on the ground stroking the barrel, the stock, the mechanism. I turned that marvelous weapon from side to side....Truly, a wave of passion rolled over my soul in that moment. What a feeling!

When I learned how to take the weapon apart, it was a flight into ectasy for me. I spread out a large cloth on the ground, then carefully laid each piece in orderly arrangement, gazing at it lovingly. "How beautiful!" I whispered to myself. A pleasant shiver ran down my spine. It was mine, all mine.

I cleaned every piece, even though the weapon was already clean. I rubbed the parts down with the soft cloth the weapons expert had provided, until they gleamed in the sun. I held them one at a time to my cheek, like a cat lover would hold up a kitten. Then I applied new lubrication to all the necessary parts before reassembling. What a gorgeous creation it became once again in my hands!

I assembled and disassembled this rifle numerous times, until I became one of the fastest in my unit. As time passed, I could do it even with my eyes closed. I knew every part instantly by its form. The weapon became almost a part of me, like the fingers of my hand, moving smoothly and instantly at my command.

With this exquisite partner I would pursue the dream of my life: to destroy Israel. I was totally unconcerned about getting home alive. That didn't matter to me. I only cared to press the mission for my people's victory.
OK, as you surmised, the writer is Palestinian. Later, he comes to America, finds Christ, becomes a Christian and abandons his terrorist ways. This is taken from his book, Once An Arafat Man by Saada.
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt. Molon Labe!
Page generated in 0.08637 seconds with 7 queries