View Single Post
Old November 21, 2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Frank Ettin
Staff

I think some of the most effective and efficient things we can all do for the RKBA are (1) set a good example and by our conduct and manners be good ambassadors for responsible gun ownership; and (2) teach new people to shoot and start them off properly and safely.

Specifically --

[1] I'm a Benefactor Life Member of the NRA and regularly contribute additional money to the NRA.

[2] I'm a Life Member of the California Rifle and Pistol Association and regularly contribute to the CFPA Foundation.

[3] I'm a Life Member of the Safari Club and regularly contribute to the SCI Foundation.

[4] For the last 10 years or so I've been an NRA certified instructor in Basic Handgun, and for the last couple of years I've also been certified for NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home and Shotgun. Working with several other instructors I've helped put on NRA Basic Handgun and Personal Protection Classes for hundreds of students, introducing them the right way to shooting.

[5] For the last several years I've worked with a group of instructors who have organized as a non-profit, tax exempt organization to provide instruction (I secured our tax exemption from the IRS and the State Franchise Tax Board). We charge only enough to cover our costs (range fees, the ammunition we provide, the program materials we purchase and distribute, etc.).

[6] For the last 7 to 8 years, I've helped teach basic wingshooting classes at our club. I've helped introduce another several hundred new shooters to wingshooting and trap shooting.

[7] I've helped organize and coach a youth Scholastic Clay Target Program trap shooting program at our club. We've provided the opportunity for more than a hundred kids to learn and participate in shooting sports.

Page generated in 0.04928 seconds with 7 queries