Thread: IDPA Classifier
View Single Post
Old June 23, 2000, 06:16 AM   #17
Bob Locke

Shot a match yesterday. Four stages. I beat a couple of experts, and was among the top sharpshooters. I have finally figured out that I need to take my time on the longer stages. I have no problem grouping well when the timer isn't running. I get into trouble when I start trying to do things too fast. We had a 10-yard stage that required us to turn, draw, and put two rounds into each of three targets, then reload and put two more into each. I messed up royally, dropping a whopping 11 points total. The good news is that I didn't drop 11 points on the other three stages combined.

I still haven't gotten it through my head that the "X" ring on the silhouettes that I have been shooting over the years is outside the IDPA "0" ring. I have adjusted my practice so that I am aiming between the "8" and "9" above the "X" now, and I'm sure that will help.

Shooting good groups isn't a problem for me, Mike. I can shoot palm-sized groups at 25 yards using two hands and can shoot similar sized groups at 12-15 yards using either my strong or off hand. My problem is trying to play "beat the clock". It's purely a mental thing, and I just have to work through it.

I honestly appreciate the advice and dialogue in here. This is great!

Page generated in 0.04194 seconds with 7 queries