Old October 23, 2009, 12:04 AM   #62
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
TG I will answer you with facts.
And I will answer you with some more.

Quote:
Let me ask you what good has Heller done?
Loads. First of all it established that the second amendment protects the right of the individual to RKBA not connected with service in the militia. This had not been done by the court in our 232 year history. I think that is pretty good.

Quote:
It is still near impossible to get a firearm registered in DC.
Before Heller it was impossible to register and thus posess a handgun at all in DC. I think that constitutes more freedom than before?

Quote:
I know all I have to do is fill out the paperwork, pay my tax, and wait. I go out looking and all the FA weapons are much too expensive. What ought to cost $1500 costs $4000-5000 or more.
Save up your money. I recommend you listen to Dave Ramsey

Quote:
Why is that?
Supply and demand.

Quote:
The Declaration of Independence gives creedence to the existence of Oath Keepers.
The Law of the Land is the Constitution not the Declaration of Independence. That was between the colonies and Great Britain.

Quote:
What about the internment of Japanese-Americans during WW2?
Corrected and restitution made. BTW the SCOTUS decision that upheld the internment is still legal precedent.

Quote:
What of the illegal seizure of weapons during Katrina, as has been previously mentioned.
Small scale, legally stopped and reversed. What is your point? I never said Government doesn't make mistakes, what's next the Battle of Athens?

Quote:
Perhaps they see the tremendous deficit as a yoke binding us to serfdom under the government. I know I do. Perhaps they see the possibility of despotism rearing its ugly head and wish to stand against.
Whatever.

Quote:
I say the rights we enjoy are just words on a piece of paper and as valueless as a dollar without something to back it up.
I agree and those rights are protected by free elections, trial by jury, our armed forces, our courts and representatives and our LEOs. Not the shotgun in your closet.

Quote:
One last thing. Since when has the militia conjured up such negative images? It existed into the 20th century without a problem. What is wrong with a group of citizens banding together to protect themselves during a time of crisis?
Since kooks started forming them in the 1990s. The militia was done away with in 1903 because it didn't work well to defend the nation. Nothing wrong with citizens banding together in temporary crisis like Katrina to protect themselves WHEN NEEDED. But that is not a militia.

Quote:
Maybe its just the kool-aid.
Which I would advise you to quite drinking.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; October 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: edits

Page generated in 0.05123 seconds with 7 queries