Thread: Oath Keepers
View Single Post
Old October 23, 2009, 12:04 AM   #62
Tennessee Gentleman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: March 31, 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
TG I will answer you with facts.
And I will answer you with some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
Let me ask you what good has Heller done?
Loads. First of all it established that the second amendment protects the right of the individual to RKBA not connected with service in the militia. This had not been done by the court in our 232 year history. I think that is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
It is still near impossible to get a firearm registered in DC.
Before Heller it was impossible to register and thus posess a handgun at all in DC. I think that constitutes more freedom than before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
I know all I have to do is fill out the paperwork, pay my tax, and wait. I go out looking and all the FA weapons are much too expensive. What ought to cost $1500 costs $4000-5000 or more.
Save up your money. I recommend you listen to Dave Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
Why is that?
Supply and demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
The Declaration of Independence gives creedence to the existence of Oath Keepers.
The Law of the Land is the Constitution not the Declaration of Independence. That was between the colonies and Great Britain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
What about the internment of Japanese-Americans during WW2?
Corrected and restitution made. BTW the SCOTUS decision that upheld the internment is still legal precedent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
What of the illegal seizure of weapons during Katrina, as has been previously mentioned.
Small scale, legally stopped and reversed. What is your point? I never said Government doesn't make mistakes, what's next the Battle of Athens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
Perhaps they see the tremendous deficit as a yoke binding us to serfdom under the government. I know I do. Perhaps they see the possibility of despotism rearing its ugly head and wish to stand against.
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
I say the rights we enjoy are just words on a piece of paper and as valueless as a dollar without something to back it up.
I agree and those rights are protected by free elections, trial by jury, our armed forces, our courts and representatives and our LEOs. Not the shotgun in your closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
One last thing. Since when has the militia conjured up such negative images? It existed into the 20th century without a problem. What is wrong with a group of citizens banding together to protect themselves during a time of crisis?
Since kooks started forming them in the 1990s. The militia was done away with in 1903 because it didn't work well to defend the nation. Nothing wrong with citizens banding together in temporary crisis like Katrina to protect themselves WHEN NEEDED. But that is not a militia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl
Maybe its just the kool-aid.
Which I would advise you to quite drinking.
__________________
"God and the Soldier we adore, in time of trouble but not before. When the danger's past and the wrong been righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
Anonymous Soldier.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; October 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: edits
Tennessee Gentleman is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.05123 seconds with 7 queries