View Single Post
Old August 17, 2009, 08:58 AM   #16
ZeSpectre

I used to have a Ruger 22/45 but after the first time I shot a Buckmark I knew the Ruger was on borrowed time. Don't get me wrong, the Ruger is a fine pistol but I never liked the trigger or a few of the mechanisms of the pistol (especially the slide stop).

Now I own two Buckmark pistols. One set up for "bullseye" shooting and the other a stock "Stainless Camper".

General Advice -
As others have said, the "Sight Base" (aka the top-strap) is plastic. Don't overtighten the screws or it'll crack. If you decide to put a sight rail on it (to mount a red-dot or whatever), get one from Weigland Combat ($30). It's just plainly better than the B-Square mounts.

A drop or two of blue loc-tite in the right places is a good idea, it keeps you from overtightening the sight rail screws.

Disassembly of a Buckmark is kind-of annoying, but the truth is that you should almost never actually need to disassemble it. The trigger mechanism (unlike Ruger) is designed such that the crud from the chamber doesn't drop right down on the trigger mechanism so your trigger won't foul up like a Ruger's will.

Most of the time cleanup will consist of...
1) Use a few q-tips, a small toothbrush, and some solvent, to clean out the chamber area.
2) Blow it out with some compressed air.
3) Run a boresnake through the barrel (I'm not a huge fan of boresnakes but for a .22 pistol I think they are great).
4) Re-Lube the pistol (see the diagram below).

Most of the time you'll just want to re-lube the areas I've marked in blue. Once in a great while if you do disassemble the pistol then it's not a bad idea to hit the areas in orange, but the orange areas rarely need to be re-lubed.

Last edited by ZeSpectre; August 17, 2009 at 09:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.03364 seconds with 7 queries