View Single Post
Old August 6, 2009, 07:35 PM   #63
Bud Helms
Staff

Rereading, I found this lost (to me) tidbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDBreske
... but I'm proposing no text at all anywhere in the post.
Post #50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemBert
And while we are reiterating, I would once again stress that a photo contest is not the same as an image contest. If the photo you present contains information in the data file that wasn't there when you "snapped" the picture then most likely you have an image and not a photo. Or, to put it another way your "photo" has been doctored up to contain visual data that wasn't there in the original photo to begin with. I'm not taking about simply using software to enhance the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, or color balance. I'm taking about merging two image files together, or making the background of your photo file transparent then merging a background from some other photo or image file, or deciding you'll use software to add a texture to the background. If this is an image contest then that is fine. But I think this is a photo contest. With the exception of enhancing the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, or color balance of the photo the background behind the firearm should remain as it was "snapped".

Please let me know if this is an image contest or photo contest. Just need to know the rules that's all.
Well, it is a photo contest ... on the honor system.

Okay, I promise not to use "snapshot" again.

Page generated in 0.06141 seconds with 7 queries