View Single Post
Old July 30, 2009, 11:43 AM   #49
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetzakilla
On the flip side, the unreasonable requirements of state with mandatory training is a barrier to reciprocity.
You may wish to see it that way, but states with training requirements aren't going to abandon them.

Quote:
...what "is" does not equal what "should be".
What "should be" is immaterial unless it's politically achievable, and you've agreed that it is not. We need to deal with reality, not fantasy.

Quote:
That wasn't the Peetzakilla who said that....
Sorry. I edit my post.

Quote:
...If you have 300 million people and you have 10 or 20 or 50 incidents a year then you do NOT have a problem. ...Unless the probability of an incident increases disproportionately to the population then there is no serious cause for concern....
Really? Who appointed you to make that decision for the entire population? In some places, the body politic has a very low threshold for disproportionality, especially where guns are concerned.

For practical purposes, whether something is a cause for concern or whether the frequency of negative events is disproportional to the population will be a political decision made by that population.

Quote:
...Does anyone seriously believe that there weren't unjustified and illegal killings when everybody carried swords? Now we carry guns and stupid people continue to do stupid things....
Perhaps, but in any case the public tolerance for such stupid things seems to have decreased considerably.

Quote:
...Another point, DWI used to be a TRUE epidemic. We instituted all kinds of advertising, terrible legal and monetary consequences, severe jail time and guess what, it went down. Did it go away? No, not even close. Every single person that drives drunk is fully aware of the legal and other consequences of their actions. Does it stop them?...
Well good luck finding political support to ease the DWI laws. Good luck.

Quote:
On top of all that, we have the cost of such mandated training...
Then let's all pull together and rally the RKBA organizations and instructors to help ease the cost for people who legitimately can't afford it. As it is, I and the people I teach with, receive no compensation. Our class fees are set to just cover our expenses -- range fees, materials, ammunition we supply, etc.

Page generated in 0.03005 seconds with 8 queries