View Single Post
Old July 28, 2009, 12:20 PM   #42
skeezix

From what I keep reading from a lot of you folks is that if Congress passes a law, the president agrees, and the courts say it is ok, then therefore it is ok regardless of the law.

Does that still stand if it forces you to pay for someone else's abortion under this new healthcare plan?
Does it still stand if you must give up 50% or more of your income in direct taxes, plus whatever amount you pay for every single product or service which pays for taxes for the folks who made those products or services happen?
Does it still stand if you are forced to pay taxes to have propaganda taught to your children in schools rather than an actual education?
Does it still stand if your 'religion' or lack of puts your on a terrorist watch list?
Does it still stand when people are murdered by the ATF or FBI over a supposed $200 tax issue in Idaho?

There was a man who went to visit a friend, whom was a preacher, in another place. When he got there, he found men had tied his friend up and beaten him almost to death because he did not have a 'license' or 'permit' from the government to be a minister. His friend died shortly after. He stood before Congress not long after this, and the speech he made was ended as written below.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry

We all have a choice in our lives of how to live it, and I certainly do not want to see a violent revolution in this country, which is why these tea parties are becoming so popular. It is a non-violent way to say "excuse me but we want answers" and ask that our cries be heard.

It isn't just about us, but about what world we leave our children. The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Page generated in 0.04482 seconds with 7 queries