View Single Post
Old April 28, 2009, 09:29 PM   #67
USAFNoDak

Tenn Gentle posted:
Quote:
Nothing in that act refers to anyone in the unorganized militia being "armed".
I agree that nothing in the Dick Act of the Militia Act of 1903 mentions anything about anyone being armed. However, the second amendment does mention the individual right to keep and bear arms. One reason is so that citizens may either be called forth or volunteer for militia duty, under authority of government or law enforcement officials, and bring their own arms to do so. Thus, the unorganized militia, is comprised of all males ages 18-45 and those women who are part of the National Guard. Those members are not required to have arms, however, they have a right to keep and bear arms. That was my point. I never said that the 1903 law stated that the unorganized militia was to be "armed". You misread my post.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Last edited by USAFNoDak; April 28, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.04344 seconds with 7 queries