View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 11:17 AM   #22
gb_in_ga

Personally, I can't go so far as to say that there is no way that I'd ever participate in a revolt against the powers that be. I recognize that a very significant reason the 2nd Amendment is there is to allow for revolution. The implied threat of revolution is part of the checks and balances of our political system. Disgusted as I am with the current powers that be in our Federal Government, I don't feel that now is the time to play the revolution card. It has to get even worse than it is (they have to actually carry out their intended plans), and we need to allow for a few election cycles to flush these miscreants out of the system before resorting to such. Now, if they were to just trash the system by suspending elections, declaring martial law, shooting or jailing the opposition, confiscating civilian weapons, or otherwise doing something like a rehash of the post-WWI Russia or the '30's Germany, then I'd change my mind in a hurry, as I suspect a whole lot of others would as well.

When the time for revolution comes, it'll be obvious to the reasonable patriotic person.

Page generated in 0.03905 seconds with 7 queries