View Single Post
Old April 4, 2009, 02:27 PM   #17
jammin1237

i have often contemplated the reasons for gun violence, being in my mid 40s and single, i have plenty of time to apply to my interests(firearms being one of them)...i dont have cable or watch tv... i am however plugged into the world via the internet and my career has me out in the world every day working with countless numbers of people...

most would think that it is caused by being under educated and drug use, that would certainly make it "easier" for someone...

#1 personally i think it is driven by the attitude of the society we live in...have you seen what peoples kids are watching these days... there is gun violence on 90% of the shows...this has been going on for decades and now you start seeing the results...subliminally hammer in that type of audio/visual information into people brains for 10 or 20 years and whats the first thing they are going to do if they "snap"...go out in hollywood fashion " i'll be famous"...the "responsible/ethical media" business model is gone...who cares if the news and media industry is going bankrupt, we should kick em in azz on the way out!

#2 personally i think it is driven by the attitude of the society we live in...have you seen the way people in this country have been treating each other, they are there to help their fellow man(if your part of my religion, my union, my party, my ethnic background, my "label") the amount of greed, drugs, and corrupt behaviour has gone out of control in this country... remember stuff like ENRON? that little prick kenneth lay or whatever his name was... now he is dead and how many peoples lives did he destroy? just like the biased media, another bad apple...

#3 personally i think it is driven by the attitude of the society we live in...instead of concentrating on "gun" violence we should look at all forms of it, that guy in upstate NY could have easily just drove his his car at 100 mph into that building and probably killed more,the fact that he used a gun is of more concern to the general media ,and to me that is the only thing worse than the tragedy itself...

#4 personally i think it is driven by the attitude of the society we live in...from what i here, people are fustrated from being overtaxed, overworked,lied to and ripped off by greedy and so called intelligent people who are seemingly in power over them....i can understand why.

Page generated in 0.05085 seconds with 7 queries