View Single Post
Old March 10, 2009, 05:04 PM   #45
Huey Long

Quote:
In the thread about civil rights pertaining to arrest (sorry, don't know how to link), which is about cops showing up at the wrong address after a 911 call, a LEO mentions a no-knock warrant, which brings me to my question: If the police hit the wrong house in such an event (mine, theoretically), and I use deadly force, do I have any recourse against the inevitable charges that will be filed (provided I don't get shot to pieces)? I'm sure many of you feel the same way I do, if someone kicks in my front door in the dead of night, that someone is going to die. Anyway, does anyone know of this being sucessfully being dismissed? This happened a few years ago, in Tennessee actually, I think. Of course they killed the poor old man (he was in his 70s or 80s if I recall) while he was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher. He thought he was being robbed. Thoughts?
I believe the courts have ruled that when the police force entry into your home without a valid warrant, they're considered no different from any other housebreaker.

Page generated in 0.04269 seconds with 7 queries