View Single Post
Old March 5, 2009, 12:11 AM   #5
OuTcAsT

Some disturbing statements that bear scrutiny: (From the Army Times article)

Emphasis mine.

Quote:
But this new mission marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment
Quote:
the mission will be a permanent one.
Quote:
The 1st BCT’s soldiers also will learn how to use “the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded,”
Quote:
nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.
Quote:
They’ve been using pieces of it in Iraq, but this is the first time that these modules were consolidated and this package fielded, and because of this mission we’re undertaking we were the first to get it.”
Quote:
“We’ve been all over the world during this time of conflict, but now our mission is to take care of citizens at home
Quote:
they’ll learn new skills, use some of the ones they acquired in the war zone and more than likely will not be shot at while doing any of it.
Quote:
“I don’t know what America’s overall plan is — I just know that 24 hours a day, seven days a week, there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that are standing by
While the overall article seems mundane enough these statements make me very uneasy.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; March 5, 2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: cleanup

Page generated in 0.04485 seconds with 7 queries