View Single Post
Old February 26, 2009, 01:49 PM   #47
rantingredneck

To the President:

Quote:
President Obama:
I am a registered Independent who did not vote for you. I am willing, however, to give you a chance make good on your promise to "change" Washington and usher in a "post-partisan" era. In short, you have an opportunity to gain my trust.

I am writing to express my concern at the announcement by Attorney General Holder that the Administration will be seeking renewal of the so called "assault" weapons ban. As a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution as recently affirmed by Heller, I encourage you to do all possible to block any legislative efforts aimed at infringing this constitutionally protected right.

As you know, such laws only serve to impact the rights of those who are law-abiding in the first place. Not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation could find any evidence that President Clinton's 1994 AWB did the slightest thing to make Americans safer by reducing crime.

Now we're being told that not only would a new AWB make America safer, it would also help make Mexico safer by supposedly interdicting the supply of firearms to that nation's drug cartels. Since when is Mexico's inability to control its own internal crime problems a recipe for Americans to surrender even more of their Second Amendment rights? Since when do drug cartels purchase fully automatic weapons and hand grenades in the US? This is pure misinformation and propaganda by the Mexican government to give them political cover for their failings. I will not pay for that by giving up my constitutionally protected rights. I am appalled that a sitting United States Attorney General would repeat such misinformation so readily and place the wishes of a foreign government above the Constitution he swore an oath to protect.

I appreciate your consideration and support in this matter.
To Senator Richard Burr (NC-R), Representative Howard Coble (NC-R) and Senator Kay Hagan (NC-D)

Quote:

I am writing to express my concern at the announcement by Attorney General Holder that the Administration will be seeking renewal of the so called "assault" weapons ban. As a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution as recently affirmed by Heller, I encourage you to do all possible to block any legislative efforts aimed at infringing this constitutionally protected right.

As you know, such laws only serve to impact the rights of those who are law-abiding in the first place. Not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation could find any evidence that President Clinton's 1994 AWB did the slightest thing to make Americans safer by reducing crime.

Now we're being told that not only would a new AWB make America safer, it would also help make Mexico safer by supposedly interdicting the supply of firearms to that nation's drug cartels. Since when is Mexico's inability to control its own internal crime problems a recipe for Americans to surrender even more of their Second Amendment rights? Since when do drug cartels purchase fully automatic weapons and hand grenades in the US? This is pure misinformation and propaganda by the Mexican government to give them political cover for their failings. I will not pay for that by giving up my constitutionally protected rights. I am appalled that a sitting United States Attorney General would repeat such misinformation so readily and place the wishes of a foreign government above the Constitution he swore an oath to protect.

I appreciate your consideration and support in this matter.
I cribbed a bit from Mike Irwin (apologies Mike, but it was good) .

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.05150 seconds with 7 queries