View Single Post
Old February 20, 2009, 08:26 AM   #120
alloy

Quote:
Thus, the semiauto AR-ish bright line. Note this is accepting that 'rights' are subject to limitations. We accept such on other rights. The right to publish kiddie **** made with real kids is not accepted, etc. If you are absolutist on the word 'arms' - then Colt should sell anthrax sprayers at the gun show?

You have limits or you don't.
with regards to anthrax and/or wmd, no i dont believe civilians need access, but they arent what i consider firearms...even if they were propelled out of the barrel of a gun that is currently available. biological and or nuclear weapons are not what i consider firearms.
i also generally consider a rifle or shotgun to be adequate, i dont feel particularily threatened or fear an assault by multiple criminals with FA weapons. if i thought the threat was credible, i might change that. that is based on me and my surroundings, but...im not sure i can apply that to others in different circumstances, with different opinions on the matter.
do i have limits or not? i think a somewhat controlled access with recordkeeping, under the system in place currently that seems to be working, is my limit. but i think newly manufactured weapons would fit into the same system nicely.
firearms, not wmd or biological, is my limit.

Last edited by alloy; February 20, 2009 at 08:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.04936 seconds with 7 queries