View Single Post
Old January 30, 2009, 12:41 PM   #10
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
as long as that representation accurately reflects the wishes of it's constituents
The big problem I see in our current system is that Citizens are represented fairly, but the select group of taxpayers is not represented. If you limited the vote to taxpayers our country would be run much differently than it currently is.
If I am footing the bill for something I want my control in the thing to reflect that.

Quote:
Umm... Just how free the press is in this country, at the moment, is sort of debatable.
I could agree, just as I could agree the 2nd amendment is not all it was meant to be at current. Papers still print stories about corrupt governors in Illinois, I can still get on an internet forum and talk about what it would take for me to rebel and ask others how close they are. To really put an end to freedom of speech the gov't has to systematically cut out the tongues of those who spoke against it. Saddam did it. I don't see anything like that happening until after firearms are banned or limited to only certain people. I am offended by the patriot act more so than the Brady bill, but there are enough first amendment advocates I don't believe I am as desperately needed on that section of the line.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; January 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.04589 seconds with 7 queries