View Single Post
Old January 13, 2009, 04:49 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

NRA- More damage than good?

In another thread someone said the NRA should be renamed the NHA. The NRA has certainly protected our rights to keep and bear hunting rifles, but in order to do so they have destroyed the second amendment by limiting it to a hobby. Many Americans honestly believe the second amendment is meant to protect hunting and that if all hunting can be accomplished with a single shot rifle then there is no reason for American civilians to have any other sort of firearm. The idea of the Second amendment protecting the right of American citizens to hold in their possession the tools of rebellion and national defense, both equally important, is lost upon the majority of Americans. Whether the NRA did this or not I do not know, but they certainly seem to have played the "that rifle is used for hunting card" a few times.

Would you join and support an organization that worked to drastically reduce firearms legislation as it's one and only goal. No attacking one party or the other in blanket statements, magazine with rifle reviews, or firearms classes, just a group to restore the second amendment to what it was in 1791? Maybe I am off my rocker, would not be the first time.

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 7 queries