View Single Post
Old January 9, 2009, 01:12 PM   #114
Daugherty16

Seems Pretty Clear to Me. Nice Job, Sparks

Big guy, late night, approaching fast, ignores your "NO", pregnant wife, bad area... Hard to see how anyone would not recognize this as a developing threat and tell the BG to stay away. At least, anyone on this forum.

Without a gun, Sparks still should have done the same thing - drop bags, turn and face threat, check 6 oclock, repeat command (in other words, be totally fearless, like Ginger). With a gun, he simply had a more effective means of stopping the potential threat. Which, thankfully for everyone, it wasn't. IMHO, he did everything right.

You have to listen to your gut, or lizard brain, or call it what you will. Add a wife or kids to the picture and your "safe" perimeter should expand further. 75 feet and rapidly approaching? Sparks did very well to keep the BG that far away. Who cares if sometime you're rude to a stranger? You come zooming in on me and my wife in a parking lot late at night, rude is the least you'll get from me.

Sparks, well done. Stay vigilant.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.04645 seconds with 7 queries