Thread: MUGGING and CC
View Single Post
Old January 6, 2009, 05:24 PM   #61
Daugherty16

Add a wrinkle to this scenario

Lots of heated discussions about what we'd all do. So take this wrinkle. The below is my nightmare, why i carry, and i still don't have a good response.

So now you're walking with your wife, after seeing a show maybe, and these 4 guys pop up out of dark stoops in front, behind, your situational awareness couldn't spot them beforehand. The guns are pointed at both your wife and you. What do you do?

Is there any difference in your reaction? how can you save her when you're busy saving yourself? How good are you? does she carry too? Are the BG serious or just punks or can you tell? Do you give them your wallet?

Truth - when they get the drop on you, no matter how, your options are reduced to bad and worse. Compliance is bad, for all the reasons already stated. But dying, and getting your wife shot or killed, is worse. Somebody in that scenario is getting shot if you draw.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.04874 seconds with 7 queries