View Single Post
Old December 3, 2008, 07:42 PM   #12
I'm with Wild on this one. I've known and worked with several & they're just like any other cross-section of people. Some were great guys- more concerned about sending only righteous cases up than you'd ever dream, if you didn't know them. My favorite flat refused to submit a case on an old man who had a felony bad check 20 or so years prior- and got checked by a game warden while bird hunting.

I crossed swords with another agent some years ago, who felt compelled to try and intervene on behalf of a very active house burglar (and a damn little gun thief, to boot) I had worked six months to catch- so said burglar could help him with 'gun cases' across state lines. Probably wouldn't do for me to run into either of those guys again.
“Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. It can only be ensured by instinct, sharpened by thought practicing the stroke so often that at the crisis it is as natural as a reflex.” ~ T. E. Lawrence
Page generated in 0.06671 seconds with 7 queries