View Single Post
Old November 14, 2008, 11:37 AM   #15
cchardwick

Well I called Aim Surplus and they were very nice about it. They said I could pull all my rounds that were bad and send them back for a pro-rated refund. Looks like I'll be checking each and every round by hand which is a pain in the rear end. This ammo was sold as new ammo manufactured by department of defence contractors. The rounds that worry me the most are the ones that have a dent from seating the bullet with a curl around the lip of the brass, they probably won't chamber correctly. I'm definitely going to get into reloading after this. I can't believe how bad new ammo can be.

Any suggestions on how to check this ammo besides visually looking for dents, loose bullets, and bullets seated at an angle? I'm thinking I should shake every one and make sure there's at least powder in there so I don't have a squib. Maybe I should get a micrometer and check the overall length?

Some of those dents took quite a bit of pressure to make them, I'm surprised that none of the primers got hit that hard which would have made some of the rounds explode.

Cheat me once, shame on you. Cheat me twice, shame on me. This is the last time I'm ever going to buy any 'factory' ammo. From now on I'm going to buy all my brass and reload everything.

Last edited by cchardwick; November 14, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.05384 seconds with 7 queries