View Single Post
Old October 30, 2008, 09:21 AM   #123
lee n. field

Quote:
Hi, I am asking a straightforward question. Lets pretend that our next president were to place a ban on handguns, or all guns.

What exactly happens? What does it mean?

Does the government just take guns we already own from us? Do we get money based upon the retail value for them? Will there be a date that we must turn them in, before looking at criminal charges?

Or does it mean we simply can't buy anymore? Do we get to keep what we have?
Whatever they think they can get away with.

Why do you think there are rules here?

They would love to do a "turn them all in Mr. and Mrs. America" (to quote the gun banning gun owner with poor trigger discipline Diane Feinstein), with house to house sweeps and metal detectors on every neighborhood corner. They can't. They'll do what they think they can get away with.

What that would mean is that there will be a lot of guns that sit unused in closets.

My brother, who lived in Japan for 15 years, tells me that it was not unusual for wartime era rifles to turn up there when a house would be damaged by an earthquake, and the wreckage gone through. Somebody stashed it, back when, and it didn't do anybody any good since.

That's what would happen here.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; October 30, 2008 at 11:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.04445 seconds with 7 queries