View Single Post
Old October 19, 2008, 09:32 AM   #35
JustAnotherPlinker

Quote:
By Redneck_Riot
But for a moment lets just say that door to door confiscation were approved, Whom would the government appoint to carry out this order?

I served in the ARMYfor 4 years as a RANGER none of my brothers would take up arms against their own citizens or families.

the police? most Law enforcement officers have prior military service backgrounds so I dismiss this as well.

Our government will never risk a civil war again there will always be guns in America, a outright ban on semi automatics that resemble or are the same weapons used by military and law enforcement will most likely be the next target and many Americans will not object to this especially urban Americans who are not educated and have not grown up around guns.
I agree, the military/LEO Community would never participate en bloc with firearm confiscation, but a standing army loyal to specific PEOPLE, not the nation/constitution in whole, could.

Quote:
By an Unnamed, High Profile Politician

We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

Page generated in 0.04542 seconds with 7 queries