View Single Post
Old October 13, 2008, 09:24 PM   #18
crashm1

publius42 says;
Quote:
Why not the commerce clause? The collapse of a major bank would seem to me to have at least as much effect on interstate commerce as a homegrown cannabis plant or machine gun for personal consumption.

(wow, I'm back all of a day and repeating that phrase again.)
Troublemaker!

divemedic says:
Quote:
The power to bail out businesses comes from where all legitimate power comes: the consent of the people who are governed. In this case, people WANT to be "bailed out."

More than half of the people who live in this country take more than they give in taxes when it comes to Feddollars. Since this is an election year, and the electorate is screaming for them to do SOMETHING, they did what they do best: resorted to the printing press and handed out over $1 trillion. First, they mailed most of the people a check, then they gave cash to business and special interests.
I have to disagree with you here, the vast majority of people in my congressional district and state were overwhelmingly against the bailout and from what I read in the various news media that was repeated across the country. It's in part why it failed in the house the first time around. The only people I hear in favor of this colossal fraud are the media talking heads, congressional leadership and those who stand to profit from the bailout.
My anger at my congressman is great enough I am gong to be reminding my neighbors up till the first Tuesday of Nov. his opponent would have voted against it.

Page generated in 0.04328 seconds with 7 queries