View Single Post
Old September 11, 2008, 03:06 PM   #11
Scattergun Bob

Sparks2112

I have spent a lot of time in a vest. It is different than most folks think, you do not simply wear it and then dump it in the corner at the end of the day.

I spent about 10 years wearing a Second Chance, or a Point Blank vest with a trauma plate. Each has unique features, each would stop most common pistol rounds.

Hears the deal, if you choose to wear one, consider it a second skin and ALWAYS wear it. You can not skip a day or get lazy!

"The Other guy will dictate when and where the gun fight will be! Just be ready."

Your vest has to be cared for and cleaned on a periodic basis, or it WILL degrade! I usually had 2 carriers and swapped out frequently = more $$$.

They are by their nature bulky, cumbersome, and HOT... Buy cool shirts to ware under the vest = more $$$.

I was unhappy to leave the street, I am a natural sheep dog, however, I was very happy not to have to ware a vest every day working at headquarters.

If you look at the Second chance and Point Blank web-sites they give a good overview of their products.

No one can tell you if the hassle and expense of wearing a vest will be rewarded by a save. "one thing for dam sure, if your not wearing it, it can't save you!"

Good Luck & Be Safe

Page generated in 0.04335 seconds with 7 queries