View Single Post
Old September 10, 2008, 08:47 PM   #51
OuTcAsT

Quote:
+1 jimpeel, You express what I am thinking much better than I could.
As much as I hate the ubiquitous "+1" post, this time I must agree.
While I generally post in other sections of this forum,and restrain myself, for the most part, from posting in L&P, I generally come here to read the political discussion first. Even though the debate is sometimes "spirited", it represents (to me) a diverse cross section of political views by folks from all walks of life. Just look at the plethora of professions, cultures, religions, oreintations, and backgrounds represented here. And most all share at least a passing interest in firearms. It gives me a window on the world that the broadcast media can never accomplish, because they are not focused toward firearms enthusiasts. I fail to see how free spirited debate can be considered "noise" as compared to the "signal" that the TV and radio spew. I fail to see why grown adults would be embarassed to have our views ( and differing opinions) open to public scrutiny.

And does it really change the "signal to noise ratio" that much to shut off political and legal debate while allowing unending numbers of caliber debates, platform arguements, and tacticool mall ninja scenarios?

My suggestion would be to continue business as usual, and stop making much adoo about nothing.

P.S. read my sig line closely.

Respectfully Submitted,

Dan Bruner

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Page generated in 0.04349 seconds with 7 queries