View Single Post
Old July 29, 2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man
thanks for the replys guys...

I'm wanting to try the 2 pistol grips this winter... ( see if I get time ) the NAA mini aught to be pretty easy... in fact the stock grips fit pretty loosely into the grip frame, & rely on the screw to keep the outer lines of the grip panels lined up with the grip frame ( they probably do that for mass produced guns ), but I'd think a better fit ( internally ) on the grip frame, before shaping the outer shape would be better ???

since the mini is a limited edition laser engraved gun, ( it comes stock with pretty ugly black MOP grips ), I've been thinking about something much "brighter" & been looking at knife handle making supplys like simulated Abalone, or even composite semi precious stone like composite black lace turquoise or ??? I understand the brittle products may require a layer of silicone or similar product between the grip frame & grip panels, but think if done right, some very fancy grips could be done up, that would still be durable enough to shoot ( even magnum guns, if done right )

I'm not ready to jump into the engraving or rifle stock shaping yet... but if the simple handgun grips go well... who knows what the next several winters will hold ???
In life you either make dust or eat dust...
Page generated in 0.04086 seconds with 7 queries