View Single Post
Old July 25, 2008, 06:49 AM   #13
I have done complete handguns and alot of parts for mil. restoration. But I had access to a BEAD BLASTER, not sand blaster. For me, sand leaves a rough texture. Glass beads leave a nice satin texture that works excellent with home park. chemicals. Only flaws I have had is that sometimes steel with different types of surface hardening can result in different shades or even odd colors. Had a carbine bolt come out with a golden tint once. Had the slide of a Chinese Tok look darker at one end than the other due to uneven surface hardening. But generally I have had fine results doing it myself. Last .45 job I did was a frame-I stippled the front strap and then refinished the frame OK. It is also useful for bayonets, knives, tools etc. But follow the instructions. At this time I don't have access to a bead blaster for any large parts anymore so am limited in what I do. Have to pass thru security checkpoint so it has to be deniable as a gun looking part! No frames or barrels etc.
Your gun is like your nose, it is just wrong for someone else to pick it for you!
Page generated in 0.06295 seconds with 7 queries