View Single Post
Old July 8, 2008, 06:27 AM   #9
Magnum Wheel Man

Thanks guys...

GARY... actually they all have have the tops cut off, & at least a 5 gal bucket of dirt in them, so they aren't too heavy to roll around, for mowing & trimming, as well as allowing me to position them to control at what distances I want to shoot at... while the added weight keeps them from blowing away on windy days

THANG... you'll need to let me know your style of shooting & favorite targets so you be able to be happy for a long time then...

RAMPAGE... we shoot a similar target, but the "blue men" ( yes if we put three or four of those targets out... we shoot at the "blue men" group )are painted on to 3.5' X 4' cardboard, so we have a little extra around the profile to see any strays or misses... they work on either the handgun target frames, or can get taped to a barrel for the rifle range....

we also have several paper pic targets of prairie dogs, crows, etc, that can be taped to the barrels, or fitted to the hand gun target frame...

I used to hold an annual shoot for several years... as the result of not mowing the range for a couple months, & going out to find that the rag weed had grown to 5-6' tall, & I couldn't shoot untill I cleared it... by holding the annual shoot, it forced me to keep the range mowed & trimmed, through the years that I was too busy to shoot every week... I've actually been too busy to hold the shoot the last few years, but "force myself" to shoot at least every 2 weeks, & keep the range maintained... there is a small "clear" grassy area behind the shootin shack, big enough for a 10' x 20' tent for shelter, as well as an area with 6-8 shade trees beside the tent area behind the shack, to allow those not shooting immeadiately to have a shady area to set up a few chairs & sit around, untill thier turn to shoot...

when I was holding annual shoots, I had a 1000 bright yellow 10" ringed targets printed on 18" X 24" poster board with a few lines for shooter & stage info... I usually stuck a bright orange 1" circle in the center... I still have lots of those left, so those are the "normal" targets I shoot for recording load & gun data on...

Page generated in 0.04758 seconds with 7 queries