View Single Post
Old June 20, 2008, 12:09 PM   #16
I'm not too sure what the issues are here. Just so I'm not talking out of my hip pocket, I went downstairs to measure a NRA 50-foot slow fire target, but apparently I am out. IIRC, the target is about 10"X12", the 7 ring is 6" in diameter. So they are asking you to shoot what? A target 4 times that size? And keep it inside of what size circle? 8"? 10"? 12"? Typically, I shoot my Colt Combat Commander in 45ACP at 25 yds because any closer and I feel like the target will have powder burns on it. I typically shoot a group about 3"-4" in diameter at that range, not Olympic champion performance, but then I am just an average shooter. So what size is the 7 ring on the target they are asking you to shoot on? If your guns are capable of shooting into 4" at 25 yds out of a machine rest and you are not able to shoot into 8", then go back to basics and practice. If your guns are not capable of hitting a 4" circle at 25 yds, then you will never be able to do so, and you would be better off replacing the guns.
Never try to educate someone who resists knowledge at all costs.
But what do I know?
Summit Arms Services
Taylor Machine
Page generated in 0.08212 seconds with 7 queries