View Single Post
Old April 19, 2008, 11:17 PM   #21
pony

Sweatnbullets, I understand your point that there is much more to learn. I am still struggling to get an answer to my original question though. It must be a language barrier
Regardless as to where training can take me, is what i have been taught so far relevant and useful, or should I start all over again? Are the skills Front Sight teaches a good starting point, or just plain wrong?
In first learning to drive we are taught to keep two hands on the wheel, at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock (at least we are in England). I would never expect to be taught this at any advanced, tactical, driving school. That does not make the initial instruction wrong though, it was just a point along the way. Does Front Sight focus progress to be an instinctual, muscle memory part of combat, or a hinderance likely to get you killed?

Front Sight offers advanced courses were you encounter simulated 'real world' experiences. The closest you come to that on a four day defensive handgun course is clearing a room, and the tactical simulator were you clear a structure. Some of the guys on my course had been on other courses where you actually have to shoot from a vehicle, etc. Much more than the confines of a square range. For many people these institutions offer a good balance for the limited amount of resources, commitment and time most people are willing to sacrifice. Whether my training was world class, or merely average - I learned a lot. I improved my skills, my confidence, and my understanding.
Prior to attending my first course I could barely aim in in 2 seconds, now I can draw from concealment and place two controlled shots on target. This is better than the average thug, and therefore could give me just enough edge to come out alive.

Page generated in 0.05404 seconds with 7 queries