View Single Post
Old April 7, 2008, 06:54 AM   #13
Shadow1198

I personally would not use a suppressor. That's all well and good to think about protecting your hearing but, the mere appearance of wrong doing can be enough to lock people up even when they are innocent. A majority of people out there know absolutely nothing about suppressors, don't realize most guns are still very loud even with them, and just associate them with only negative subjects like assassination, crime, etc. Most people don't even know that in many states suppressors are perfectly legal provided you obtain them in the proper manner, and they also don't know that there isn't anything about them that is evil they are simply another inanimate object.

Personally I look at it like this. If someone breaks into my home and I feel my life is threatened, I want the biggest caliber loudest damn gun on the planet. I want there to be plenty of recoil to let me know I'm shooting, and I want plenty of noise to keep myself alert and potentially scare the sh*t out of the bad guy. A self defense shooting is a horribly non-fun, uncomfortable situation. I really see no need to try and make it more comfortable as I want to be alert, on edge, not caught off guard. I guess basically what I'm saying is I want more feedback from the gun. I really can't explain why I feel that way, I just do.

Page generated in 0.04680 seconds with 7 queries