Thread: Bore Snakes
View Single Post
Old March 12, 2008, 10:14 AM   #30
5whiskey

Further I wanted to clarify my choice to use a cleaning rod vs. a boresnake. I was refering primarily to cleaning the bore of my .270 savage. I chopped the rifle up, rebarreled it, lapped the bolt lugs, polished the bolt, and all of that crazy stuff myself on the rifle. I also did a bondo stock reshape job. It isn't the prettiest or the most accurate in the world, but it consistantly shoots .75 moa with cheap factory federal powershoks. I am proud of it therefore I do all of the voodoo rituals to preserve that accuracy. Does it make a difference? Probably not a darn bit, but I do it anyway just in case

For my AR15, all I use is a boresnake. I may punchrod clean it 2 or 3 times a year. So when I was saying the majority of the GP shouldn't use boresnakes... I take that back. If we're referring to non-precision rifles used for home defense, plinking, hunting, etc... well I may would break out the outers and punch rods 3 times a year or so. The rest of the time would get snaked. Sorry for the misinformation the first post gents...

Cheers,
J

Page generated in 0.04963 seconds with 7 queries