View Single Post
Old February 25, 2008, 12:41 AM   #9
berkmberk1

Oh well!!

I wanted to check the works out anyway. Both the pistols are torn down. There shouldn't be a problem with the Navy. I was sort of taken aback at the finish of the insides......pretty rough......probably like the original. The Bounty Hunter is typical German craftsmanship. All surfaces are highly finished. It might be the problem at reassembly as it has the hammer block mechanism (wonder if I can just leave it out ) and there is a little sheet metal claw on the trigger.

The most frustrating part of this was trying to find all the right tools, tools that would fit. I had them, but you don't know what you're getting into until you get into it. Haven't had to improvise this much since I swapped two engines between an Olds 88 and a Cutlass. You ever try to move an engine hoist on gravel with a 455 hanging off it???

Anyway, at least I'll have gained some proficiency in the disassembly and reassembly of the Colt's pistols 1851 and 1873!

Page generated in 0.04075 seconds with 7 queries