View Single Post
Old January 26, 2008, 01:02 PM   #58
grymster2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tourist
you're speaking heresy to thousands of guys from McDojos.
I know and I’m not doing this to get people jacked up. I speak from experience here and I’m trying to help these guys out. I’ve seen it dozens of times where a guy has a bit of training in MA, whether boxing, karate, judo or taekwondo, and through misguided self-confidence, they get into a scrap that they should have walked away from. When they run into a guy that just flat knows how to fight, they get hurt and sometimes real bad.

These days, it’s even more dangerous. As a young lad, I got into a lot of scraps and while I did face a few knives and guns , those were different times and most guys back then settled matters with their fists. Seems that these days, people would just as soon shoot you as get a knuckle bloody.

I don’t know the answers. Maybe get some training, but put at least as much effort into avoiding the situations where one might get into a confrontation. I don’t care who you are, I can guarantee that there’s some wiry 5’4” guy out there who can absolutely kick the crap out of you. I’ve seen it and I’ve lived it. And these days he might not want to get blood on his shoes, so he might just shoot you.

Just some thoughts from a late-forties guy who’s seen and experienced a lot of fighting, has seen the times change and the dangers rise. Hope nobody takes offense.

Page generated in 0.02260 seconds with 7 queries