What hiking/hunting boot meets all of these criteria?
I'm having a heck of a time finding a boot that meets ALL of the following. There are many that meet all but one, or all but two, but none I find with all - any help? This is mostly for wearing casually and hiking, but also hunting as well.
1. Under $85 new, before shipping/tax, ideally. But I could pay a little more - so let's say under $100.
2. Have quite a bit of genuine leather & look nice enough to wear casually (although I could do without this requirement if it meets the others)
3. 6" high, or a little more - I want some ankle support
4. Well-designed with high comfort level
5. related to #4, but a little different: modern, ergo sole design - a Vibram or similar - not just a plain flat sole, but some arch support, etc.
6. STEEL toed. Not "composite" toe - STEEL.
7. (this is the kicker that's hard to find) Aggressive treading on the bottoms, particularly up in front and around the front of the toe, up from the bottom. I want really large agressive, "grabby" treads out front, for climbing up steep trails, creek banks, etc. You'd be amazed at the number of tread patterns which are aggressive everywhere EXCEPT the one place you need it most - right up front, for digging in at an angle on steep terrain.
It does NOT have to be waterproof, and it does NOT have to be insulated. Doesn't seem that hard, right? But finding something that meets just 4, 6, and 7 in the price range is hard enough, but throw in 2 and it gets even harder. Thanks.