View Single Post
Old June 2, 2000, 12:25 PM   #8
andyb

Rich,
I may agree it's not best for here, particularly since it is on another board. I've let it run here a bit to see what, if any, interest might result with a little time. If you wish to lock this - or delete, please do.

fed168,
You bring up a good point. I am nagged, though, about 3rd party intervention ... not in a silly way of butting in, but when the BG is downright threatening life of another person (not me). I see no reason to interrupt a robbery, for instance, since there's insurance for that - but to not interrupt a dangerous threat to another's life will bug me.

I've been studying VA statutes and they do not spell out GG (Good Guy) stuff, only what to expect if you are a BG - I suppose if I think real hard I can see some reasoning for that, but it tends (my thought) to leave the GG guessing - and hoping - he's right. Nothing even intimating "Good Samaritan" and only a very few items containing "defending own person/property". Ideas anyone?

Anyway, folks ... thanks for the soapbox, I appreciate all the input - I'm learning.

Andy Barr

Page generated in 0.04550 seconds with 7 queries