View Single Post
Old June 28, 2007, 04:13 PM   #9
lumberyard

I live and hunt in south Texas and just happen to be in a three buck county & I wish that Texas Parks and Wildlife would change the county I hunt in to a one buck county. Drives me up the wall when I talk to our neighbors each year and they show me all the bucks they shot that year and they are a bunch of young 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10 points and they always ask why we don't have any big deer that will score high. Each year I tell them it is because ya'll are shooting to many bucks and you can't grow big bucks if you shoot them when they are 2 1/2, 3 1/2, or 4 1/2. But they don't understand they think they need to kill a certain # of deer each year so they won't have too many which is when I ask them why don't you just shoot some does to which they reply if we did that we wouldn't have any bucks because does are where the bucks come from. Last year they droped by to show me a buck they killed it was a 1 1/2 year old 5 point with some really good tine length and I asked them why they shot it and they said it was a meat buck and it only had five points I couldn't believe my ears, I said if you wanted some meat why didn't you just shoot a doe. They didn't get the point.

Page generated in 0.04706 seconds with 7 queries