View Single Post
Old May 11, 2007, 06:55 PM   #4
John28226

Impossible Dream

I doubt that you can avoid the "tried that one" drawer full of holsters. I thought I could - wrong! IWB is the only way I carry - one of three guns, depending on the weather and what is suitable clothing but most of the time a Taurus Stellar Tracker .45 ACP revolver.

I tried a number of "almost O.K." holsters before I found what for me is the ideal one - Milt Sparks Watch 6 - the Crossbreed is a close second and I bought it first thinking I could save some $$. I also like what K & D offers so I have two or three from Kevin.

I even have a number of belts from different makers - little difference between them and, except for the 7/8 inch hole spacing (as opposed to 1 inch), they all work well.

IWB requires finding the "sweet spot" to carry in; a quality belt with 7/8 inch hole spacing (so that you can adjust the belt - "just right") and a holster that does not allow the weapon to poke into your body.

I like jeans and a print shirt worn untucked and that works for me. On those rare occasions where I have to dress up I often wear an under the shirt "deep cover" holster and leave a button (hidden by the tie) open.

I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I suspect that a drawer for holsters that did not quite work is standard operating procedure.

John
Mayberry, NC
Where all the children are above average and all the women are beautiful

Page generated in 0.05676 seconds with 7 queries