View Single Post
Old March 14, 2007, 09:35 AM   #7
Sharp Phil

I have a friend who's had a belt and holster on order with Brommeland for over a year. He's been repeatedly told it's going to be done. I can't remember what he told me the original estimate was, but it was not a year.

I have no problem with someone who says, "I have no idea how long this will take," or even, "I said it was going to be four months, but I'm just too bogged down," or "There's a reason for the delay, I'm doing what I can." This can only go on for so long, however, before I think the customer is entitled to a refund of any downpayment he made.

Over the years one hears of so many knife makers and holster makers and other custom manufacturers whose completed work is absolutely top rate (I've never heard anything but praise for Brommeland's craftsmanship, for example, and the infamous knifemaker Allen Blade was said to be a fine craftsman when he actually filled his orders) but who seem to have real problems filling orders when they estimate they will fill them. This does a disservice to the customer, who is owed a realistic assessment of how long he's going to have to wait for the product one presumes he thinks he needs.

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly

Page generated in 0.04044 seconds with 7 queries