View Single Post
Old September 18, 2006, 12:01 PM   #11
rellascout

I have smaller hands and will try to give you some feed back in the format you have asked for.

Sig P225 Compact Semi Auto

1: c Single Stack fits like a 1911.
2: C Straight line from the arm
3: c DA/SA Semi Auto
4: b (singlestack)
5: .9mm
6: a Mild I can shoot all day long with this pistol
7: Short trigger is installed and makes the DA pull reach better. If you use the standard trigger the weapon the gun moves to the base knuckle of the thumb
8: men's small

Additional comment: I can reach all the control except the slide stop which I have to tilt the weapon a little bit to reach but more often then not I sling shot the slide.

CZ Compact/PCR/P01 Compact Semi Auto

1: c Double Stack A little thicker in the grip.
3: c DA/SA Semi Auto (Compact can be carried cocked and locked)
4: c (Double Stack)
7: No modification what so ever is needed. This gun has one of the shortest length of pulls of any of my semi-autos.

Additional comment: I can reach all the control except the slide stop which I have to tilt the weapon a little bit to reach but more often then not I sling shot the slide. Slide on this gun is slim so large hands have a harder time slingshotting the slide but I have no issues.

My favorite 9mm setup

Browning Hi-Power 9mm Semi Auto

1: c Single Stack fits like a 1911.
3: e SA Semi Auto
4: c (doublestack)
7: I have made several modification but the stock pistol does not change its usefulness for small hands. I have a wide trigger on it, extended safety, sear and slide set from C&S.

Additional comment: I can reach everything. It is right where it need to be. This guns has a very short reach due to its SA trigger.

Dan Wesson CBOB Commander Sized 1911

1: c (perfect) Bobtail helps feel in the hand
2: c
3: e (SA semi auto)
5: .45 ACP
6: a (I've often put a couple hundred rounds downrange out of this one)
7: None. Super crips trigger not too large but heavy so it absorbs recoil and its a great shooter. This is my favorite .45 lots of premium parts and custom features ina sub $800 gun.

Additional comment:The safety is right where is should be. It comes stock with and extended safety and I can even reach the slide stop but as I have already noted I sling shot more than I use it.

Sig P220 Full Sized Semi Auto

1: c Single Stack
2: C/b Straight line from the arm slightly tilted
3: c DA/SA Semi Auto
5: .45ACP
7: Short trigger is installed and makes the DA pull reach better. If you use the standard trigger the weapon the gun moves to the base knuckle of the thumb

Additional comment: I can reach all the control except the slide stop which I have to tilt the weapon a little bit to reach but more often then not I sling shot the slide.

All of these are pistols that I have extensive use with. I have smaller hands and find that I can shoot almost anything but that these guns fit and point naturally for me.

As a side note most Sigs can be set up for smaller hands by purchasing a short trigger. This makes a P228/P229/P226 a viable setup for your criteria.

Page generated in 0.04634 seconds with 7 queries