View Single Post
Old August 15, 2006, 03:37 PM   #56
rangermonroe

Quote:
The officer then walked over to her and ordered her to move further away from the gun. She couldn't, of course. When she didn't, he shot her a third time, essentially from point-blank range.
On the one hand, 'That doesn't matter to me at all. If he was justified to shoot to kill one time, then who is to say when is enough?'

On the other hand, 'If he came to arrest in the dark of night, in fully protective garb, invading a home where children slept, what would a reasonable person expect to encounter? A person lying prostrate on the floor, awaiting what fate may come? Or an outraged homeowner protecting the lives and property that fall under her charge?'

A Homeowner is not allowed to set a booby trap in his house to kill a burglar. Not only that you might kill the innocent, but also the guilty. The punishment must fit the crime. Burglary is not a capital offense.

Marijuanna (or heroin) possesion is not a capital offense.

Quote:
Cauthorne spent the next seven weeks in jail. Finally, in January of 2003, prosecutors dropped the charges against him, concluding that Cauthorne had reason to believe his life was in danger.
So he was in effect "punished" for seven weeks for protecting his own life.

I see a wider and wider net being cast that ensnares both the guilty and the innocent, all in the name of safety for us all.

It seems that it is making allies of the crook and lawabiding. I will consider the accused to be innocent until proven otherwise.

Page generated in 0.04541 seconds with 7 queries