View Single Post
Old April 21, 2006, 08:38 AM   #16
threegun

Quote:
won't say that's "ignorant" like my fellow keyboard warriors here. It's easy to pass judgment when you're sitting with your belly hanging over your boxers, bathed in the bluish light of your computer screen.

I could envision maybe the first ROUND in a magazine being a blank, but definitely not the whole magazine. That way if the perp's coming straight for you you could take two shots real fast and at least get him with one.
I will say ignorant! Almost as bad is this portion "That way if the perp's coming straight for you you could take two shots real fast and at least get him with one". Shows a complete lack of knowledge of tactics and of the difficulty in hitting a moving target under stress. It also fails to take into consideration the blanks notorious reputation for not cycling actions and the handguns ineffectiveness in stopping someone, especially with a single hit.

My mother once told me that she would shoot the bad guy/home intruder in the leg because she didn't want to kill anybody. Needless to say it was our last practice session. She refused to understand the severity of the situation if she needed to use a gun and refused to change her willingness to shoot to stop (and thus possibly kill the bad guy). Dad and I told her to just submit and pray. We felt that she would only arm an intruder who was unarmed given her unwillingness to kill if needed.

Page generated in 0.04604 seconds with 7 queries