Shot my first match on March 11th. Lessons learned.
1. Always load your magazines fully.
2. Understand the course and plan in advance where you will change your magazines. Never let the gun run dry.
3. Know how the scoring works. Some scoring counts just the best hits on a target and misses are not counted. In this type, if you know you missed or don't like the hit, shoot again! In other scoring everything counts, misses subtract points.
4. Help the RO with scoring. It will help you understand what is going on.
5. Ask questions. Especially of those people in the upper classes. Most are more than happy to assist.
By the way, can anyone help with the names of scoring types? One was Virginia, I can't remember the other ones.