Multiple Target Drill (Tom Givens)
MULTIPLE TARGET DRILL
Inspired by a course described in the book Fighting Smarter by Tom Givens
(Rangemaster, Inc; Memphis, Tenn., 2000) Page 201
Each shooter faces two targets (T1 and T2)
1. Facing T1 at 3 yards. From the holster, draw and fire a “double tap”
2 rounds in 2 seconds. Perform 6 times for a total of 12 rounds.
2. Facing T2 at 5 yards. Begin facing 90 degrees right or left. At the
Signal, pivot, then draw and fire 2 rounds in 3 seconds. Do three
Times facing to the right and three times facing to the left. Perform
6 times for a total of 12 rounds.
3. Facing T1 at 3 yards and T2 at 5 yards. At the signal, draw and fire
A “double tap” on each target, 4 rounds in 4 seconds. Perform 3 times
For a total of 12 rounds.
4. Facing T1 at 3 yards and T2 at 5 yards. At the signal, draw and fire a “double tap” on each target, followed by a single shot to the head of
each target, 6 rounds in 8 seconds. Perform 2 times for a total of 12 rounds.
5. Facing T1 at 5 yards and T2 at 7 yards. At the signal, draw and fire a Single head shot on each target, 2 rounds in 5 seconds.
50 total rounds fired (25 on each target) Each hit in the primary scoring zone scored as 2 points each.
On Stage 4, be sure the shooters fire a “double tap” on each target BEFORE coming back with a headshot, to simulate a situation where the initial engagement didn’t neutralize the threat, forcing the operator to go for headshots.
Distances between the targets are at the discretion of the instructor. Distances of engagement and time limits can be modified as necessary.
You can only learn from experience if you pay attention!