View Single Post
Old May 18, 2000, 09:04 PM   #11
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by byerly:
If you want some the best calipers and measuring instruments made try Starret. [/quote]

Amen to that byerly. I retired last year after 30 years in offshore oil, and about 10 years ago I needed a slide caliper and a micrometer so I ordered both at the same time. Both were Starret............top notch quality and top notch price. The price never bothered me in the least seeing as how Texaco was paying for them . Strangely enough somehow when I retired they mysteriously must have "fallen" into my bag, for when I arrived at home, safely for the last time, I found that they "followed" me home. It did not seem cost effecient for me to drive 50 miles and then charter a helicopter flight of 120 miles (one way) to return them offshore so they had to find a new home on my reloading bench. Now if only I could order a new pair of eyes to replace these eyes that need glasses to be able to read these fine Starret insturments!

------------------
Carlyle

[This message has been edited by Southla1 (edited May 18, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.04177 seconds with 7 queries